It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good. - T. S. Eliot
These cheaters are hired professionals which are paid to take exams for Exam Candidates who are too incompetent to sit the exams themselves.
Gunmen originated in China where it became popular to hire a 'look-alike' to sit a college exam. This allowed people of lesser intelligence to compete with the more intelligent population for jobs and it opened up a new marketing scheme.
Since the 'birth' of the Hired Gunmen, it has slowly bled over into the IT Industry, now Gunmen are one of the two primary reasons that your IT Certifications are being devalued at such a fast pace.How Gunmen are devaluing your Certifications
- The people that are taking advantage of the Gunman Services usually have very little experience in the IT Field.
- Gunmen take exams for these less qualified personnel giving them an advantage over people that don't have certifications.
- These unqualified, inexperienced, personnel are taking jobs away from the more qualified personnel that either don't have the certifications, or are diligently working on their certifications.
- Companies pay out more money to these inexperienced 'certified' personnel because they hold certifications.
- These under qualified individuals screw up systems, or lose data, or cannot perform at the level that their resumes claim they can, then the companies look down on the certifications and other people that hold those certifications.
- Companies are then forced to fire the individuals, if their local laws permit. In some states it's more difficult to fire someone, and it costs more money than if they were to just pay out more money to send those individuals to training that the individual should have already had.
- Now these individuals have taken jobs and cost companies more money in the long run than if the company had just hired the seemingly less qualified individual to begin with.
CertGuard is stopping these Gunmen from taking exams in a number of ways. Three of the primary methods are forcing them to raise their rates, cheating them out of their money, and notifying the Exam Delivery Partners and Certification Vendors of their presence.
By forcing the Gunmen to raise their rates to the point where they are nearly unaffordable, people will find it more difficult to pay them for their services. By cheating them out of the money they are asking for, they will also find it more difficult to trust people that are looking for their services. And, by notifying the EDPs and Cert Vendors directly, we can prevent them from accessing those particular centers, which also forces them to commute further and spend more time on each person requesting their service.How you can help
There are a number of ways that you can help us with these cheaters. The most important way for you to help us is to not utilize their services, educate others about staying away from Gunmen, and tell your friends about us.